FENNEL SEEDS COVERED WITH SWEETENED PROPOLIS
Fennel seeds coated with propolis mixed with sugar, water, mint oil and vegetable colors permitted by food control agencies
The high nutritional value, health benefits and therapeutic qualities of fennel are well known for everybody. Fennel is rich in nutrients like vegetable proteins, minerals (zinc, iron and calcium) and vitamins. It helps digestion, relieves colic and bowel gases, and is rich in substances similar to ovarian hormones, which soothes menopausal symptoms.
Such wonderful qualities are reinforced more and more through adding some other bees products, such as Propolis “bee glue”. Because it contains a high percentage of active ingredients (flavonoid) most benefits of propolis belong to it.
WHAT IS “PROPOLIS”?
Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from poplar and conifer tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources and blend it with wax flakes secreted from special glands on their abdomens. Propolis is used to slickly line the interior of brood cells in preparation for the queen*s laying of eggs. It is also used as a sealant for unwanted open spaces in the hive. It is believed by many scientists that Propolis will be one of the medicinal marvels in the future as its therapeutic properties are now well established regarding the treatment of many diseases, in addition to its benefits of improving the vitality and beauty of skin and hair, making it a special requirement for all women. The best kind of Propolis is the green and brown Propolis due its abundant contents of Terpenoids which is phenolic compounds give the health improvement qualities to propolis as well do the flavonoids found in propolis.
COMPOSITION OF PROPOLIS:
Typical Propolis consists approximately of 55 percent resinous compounds and balsam, 30 percent beeswax, 10 percent ethereal and aromatic oils, and 5 percent bee pollen, as well as some vitamins, amino acids, metals and minerals beneficial to the body such as calcium, sodium, vanadium and silicates, etc. Propolis composition may vary depending on the botanical and geographical source. It is quite interesting that Propolis does not lose its curative properties and effect, even after five years, but it is always advisable to use fresh Propolis for better effectiveness.
PROPOLIS MEDICINAL PROPERTIES:
Research shows that it offers antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral properties and more benefits:
- It is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals which are behind many chronic diseases such as artery sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, joint pains and senility.
- It is useful in cases of convalescence and reduce the diseases of aging.
- It is anti-microbial, so it is useful in cases of microbial infection (bacterial, fungal, viral), where it inhibits the activity and growth of many of these microbes, and also stimulate the effect of antibiotics.
- It is anti-inflammatory, and this is useful in cases of arthritis and rheumatic fever as it has a similar effect to aspirin.
- Help in cases of liver diseases as it resists liver cells damage and helps them to function.
- It is anti-tumor that enhances the capacity of the immune system and urges it to produce anti-genes which would destroy the cancer cells.
- It is used to address most of the infections in the body in a safe way as it has no side effects.
- Help to speed up healing of wounds and burns without being subject to complications or defective healing.
- Reduce formation of blood clots with more than one mechanism as it has a blood diluting impact.
- Boost immunity, protect nervous tissue
- Help in the treatment of diabetes.
- Ease the pain of arthritis, rheumatism and hemorrhoids.
- Assist in protecting against atherosclerosis, chronic diseases and rheumatism.
- Stop tooth decay and pain.
- Eliminate unwanted smell of the mouth, and has other medicinal uses.
MODE OF USE
You can eat half a teaspoon daily to stimulate and raise the body’s natural immunity and benefit from the benefits of propolis and fennel together preferably in the beginning of your day.
It should be noted that all bee products may cause allergic symptoms in some people. In such cases it is quite enough to stop the use of the product for these symptoms to disappear.