Watercress oil contains a large collection of important plant compounds to skin and scalp health, particularly vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin C, vitamin E, and various phytonutrients including carotenoids, chlorophyll and phenolic compounds. These work to protect the skin, scalp, and hair from the damage of the sun’s rays, as well as pollution, and other environmental factors that can damage our strands.
These compounds also keep locks strong and protected from the drying external effects that can cause them to become brittle and break more easily.
Benefits of Watercress Oil:
- UV protectant –Although we don’t suggest using this instead of sunscreen, watercress can be applied as a base layer. It protects from UV rays and provides some extra moisture under sunscreen.
- Protects from skin cancer –This goes right along with keeping you free from sun burns. Watercress Seed Oil is a natural, mild skin protectant so it keeps you safe from harmful rays that cause skin cancer. Consider this your first line of defense to lock moisture in and keep harmful rays out.
- Stimulates hair growth –Watercress has rich nutrients that when applied, stimulate your hair follicles and create growth. Apply a teaspoon or two onto your scalp for two hours before shampooing and give a little massage for a fuller head of hair.
- Prevents hair loss – the zinc and sulfur in Watercress helps protect against bacterial infections that can damage the scalp and cause flaking and poor hair growth, a good watercress scalp massage will also strengthen your hair follicles and prevent hair loss. We recommend giving your scalp a good massaging once a week for a month or so to see the benefits.
- Stimulates brow growth –Not only does this work on your head but this oil also can be applied to your brows to stimulate growth. Hello, Cara Delevingne brows.
- Great moisturizer –Full of Vitamin C, this oil soaks into dry or damaged skin, leaving it hydrated all day. Also, try this before bed as an overnight face treatment.
- Powerful anti-aging serum –With so many free radicals, which are pretty much just bad molecules that come from stress, you need lots of antioxidants to fight and rebuild damaged cells. Watercress is full of antioxidants that, when applied, overpower free radicals, soak your skin, and leave it firmer and younger looking.
- Natural skin detoxifier –Watercress is also a disinfectant, so applying purifies and cleanses skin from harmful bacteria, leaving your skin fresh. Apply it to chapped elbows, knees, and heels to keep from getting extra dry skin or other breakouts.
- Clears up acne –Speaking of breakouts, along with detoxing your skin, watercress also helps clear acne and heal scars.
- Treats more serious skin conditions –Watercress is a healing oil, and is known to treat conditions like eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis.
With all of these amazing topical benefits, there is no doubt that watercress can do more for you then add an interesting mix to your meal. Try incorporating this oil in daily for the best results. If you are looking for that radiant glow face, safe & protected skin, and fuller hair, Watercress Seed Oil would definitely do the trick.