What is gum Arabic?
It is a product of acacia and acacia tree, which is found in tropical regions where Sudan is the largest producer of it, as it is famous for its gum known as Hashab. It is called gum because it has a gum shape on trees. It could has a crystal or crystal form on the shelves of shops and perfumery stores, and it can also be in the form of powder.
In terms of Mujezat Al-Shifa Company keenness to fulfill customers' desires and provide the best and most useful products, it has manufactured this product, which is rich with many benefits and features.
First: What are its advantages?
It is characterized by a variety of colors from transparent to brown, it is usually solid, dissolves in hot water and it is of many types.
The acacia-producing tree is a thorny tree that grows up to 15 feet tall and has over 600 varieties.
Gum Arabic can be obtained in the form of powder, gum, capsules, or in its solid form.
Gum Arabic is used in the manufacture of many snacks and sweets, such as: some types of traditional Arabic sweets and soft drinks, and used for some health and therapeutic purposes.
Second: What are the health and therapeutic benefits of gum Arabic?
- It has been used in herbal medicine since ancient times, usually gum acacia is used to modify some of the physical properties of foods, such as texture, or extend the shelf life of the product.
- The ancient Egyptians used it since ancient times to treat wounds and burns.
- It promotes digestive health and helps overcome digestive problems.
- It fights colds and coughs, helps treat sore throats and speeds up the healing of mouth ulcers and wounds
- It treats gonorrhea patients, leprosy.
- It is used in the field of pharmacy , pharmaceuticals and pills industry.
- It is used as an emulsifier in many industries.
- It strengthens the gums, combats their diseases, promotes oral and dental health, and prevents the growth of bacteria and the deposition of plaque layers in them.
- It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, as it regulates cholesterol levels in the body, and this has been confirmed by multiple studies
- Effective against constipation and relieves irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- It enhances the intestinal function and forms a suitable food for beneficial gut bacteria (probiotics.
- It regulates blood sugar levels
- Being a high source of dietary fiber, which accounts for 90% of its components, it has a great role in the weight loss process.