What is bee propolis:
The bees collect a special resin from the tops of trees of a dark color, then knead it with bee wax and add its own secretions to it, turning it into a material similar to mortar with which line the walls of its hive and the hexagonal cells in which it places its eggs and plugs any cracks on walls of the hive. This substance is called propolis or bee gum, and it is the right amazing substance in the beehive. The best type is green propolis. Because it contains a high percentage of the active substance (flavonoid), which is the source of most of the benefits of propolis.
propolis consists of
55% colloidal substances and conditioner - 30% gum
10% ethereal oils - 5% pollen
And it may vary to some extent according to the botanical and geographical source and its benefits include:
- Propolis is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from the accumulation of free radicals in it, which is the hidden reason behind many chronic diseases such as atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, joint pain, and most geriatric diseases
- Propolis and honey help to speed up healing of wounds and burns without being exposed to infection or defective healing.
- Propolis reduces the formation of blood clots by more than one mechanism, among which it has a blood-thinning effect.
- Tonic for immunity: Which makes it useful in cases of weak immunity and in cases of convalescence. also, it reduces cases of dementia as it protects the nerve tissue.
- Antimicrobial: Therefore, it is useful in cases of microbial infection (bacterial, fungal, viral) as it inhibits the activity and growth of many of these microbes and boosts the effect of antibiotics.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is why it is useful in cases of arthritis and rheumatic fever, as it has an effect similar to aspirin, as it is useful in cases of liver diseases as it resists damage to liver cells and helps them perform their functions.
- Anti-tumor: which is useful in cases of cancerous tumors, as it enhances the capabilities of the immune system and prompts it to secrete the anti-tumor agents that kills the cells affected by cancer.
- It is very useful for stomach ulcers and inflamed colon
- It is used to treat most infections in the body and is safe and has no side effects.
- Helps treat diabetes.
- Relieves joint pain, hemorrhoids and rheumatism.
- Helps prevent atherosclerosis, chronic diseases, and rheumatism.
- Stop tooth decay and its pain.
- Eliminates unwanted mouth odor
- And it has other indications