The bees collect a special resin from the tops of trees of a dark color, then knead it with bee wax and add its own secretions to it, turning it into a material similar to mortar with which line the walls of its hive and the hexagonal cells in which it places its eggs and plugs any cracks on walls of the hive. This substance is called propolis or bee gum, and it is the right amazing substance in the beehive. The best type is green propolis. Because it contains a high percentage of the active substance (flavonoid), which is the source of most of the benefits of propolis.
Bee cover the walls of the hive with propolis
propolis consists of
55% colloidal substances and conditioner – 30% gum
10% ethereal oils – 5% pollen
And it may vary to some extent according to the botanical and geographical source and its benefits include:
PROPOLIS MEDICINAL PROPERTIES
- Research shows that it offers antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral properties and more benefits:
- It is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals which are behind many chronic diseases such as artery sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, joint pains and senility.
- It is useful in cases of convalescence and reduce the diseases of aging.
- It is anti-microbial, so it is useful in cases of microbial infection (bacterial, fungal, viral), where it inhibits the activity and growth of many of these microbes, and also stimulate the effect of antibiotics.
- It is anti-inflammatory, and this is useful in cases of arthritis and rheumatic fever as it has a similar effect to aspirin.
- Help in cases of liver diseases as it resists liver cells damage and helps them to function.
- It is anti-tumor that enhances the capacity of the immune system and urges it to produce anti-genes which would destroy the cancer cells.
- It is used to address most of the infections in the body in a safe way as it has no side effects.
- Help to speed up healing of wounds and burns without being subject to complications or defective healing.
- Reduce formation of blood clots with more than one mechanism as it has a blood diluting impact.
- Boost immunity, protect nervous tissue
- Help in the treatment of diabetes.
- Ease the pain of arthritis, rheumatism and hemorrhoids.
- Assist in protecting against atherosclerosis, chronic diseases and rheumatism.
- Stop tooth decay and pain.
- Eliminate unwanted smell of the mouth, and has other medicinal uses.
PROPOLIS A CURE OF LEISHMANIASIS PROPOLIS ANTIVIRAL IMMUNE BOOSTER