It is white in color, smells refreshing, and tastes delicious. Strawberry flowers are loved by bees and preferred over others, and it is an excellent honey that contains a high percentage of fructose by 41.5%.
The main benefits of strawberry honey:
- Strawberry honey is rich in nutrients, it is fortified and used to treat anemia
- Rich in flavonoids and immune stimulants
- Improving mood and anti-fatigue by giving the body the nutritional values it needs daily
- Provides the body with compounds and vitamins that help with activity at work, easy to absorb and anti-fatigue. That is why it is called athletes’ honey.
- It gives a feeling of fullness for a long time, so it is useful in the diet to lose excess weight
- Rich in antioxidants from red pigments. These colors are known as anthocyanins. Anthocyanins and vitamin C protect against cancerous diseases, especially colon cancer and gland cancer, and protect cancer patients from the spread and transmission of disease in their bodies.
- Strawberry honey – may help prevent colon cancer
A study has done to reveal the plant content and antioxidant activity of strawberry honey (Arbutus unedo) and its cytotoxic properties against human colon cancer (adenocarcinoma) and metastatic (LoVo) cell lines, compared with Manuka honey (Leptospermum scoparium).
Strawberry honey inhibits the growth of cancer cells in the human colon and increases reactive oxygen species (ROS) compared to manuka honey.
Several components of the botanical content of strawberries and manuka have been analyzed for their phenolic, flavonoid, amino acid and protein contents, as well as the radical scavenging activities of the Berchidda region.
Strawberry honey showed the highest amount in phenol content, flavonoids, amino acids and protein, and antioxidant capacity compared to manuka honey. Both strawberry honey and manuka honey cause cytotoxicity and cell death in a dose- and time-dependent manner in human colon adenocarcinoma and metastatic cells. With less toxicity to non-cancerous cells.
Compared with Manuka honey, strawberry honey showed the greatest effect at lower concentrations on human colon cancer cells and metastatic cells, and in addition, increased intracellular reactive oxygen species in both colon cancer cells.
The effects of strawberry honey and manuka honey are caused by the production of similar types of oxygenating activity, but in metastatic colon cancer cells caused a higher rate of this activity in strawberry honey compared with manuka honey.
Our results indicate that strawberry and manuka plants can induce cell growth inhibition and reactive oxygen species generation in colonic adenocarcinomas and metastatic cells, which could be due to the presence of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties.
Be the first to review “HONEY SPOON STRAWBERRY(50spoon×10g)500gm”